Art and Design
Set in the purpose-built Centre for Visual and Performing Arts at the Aberystwyth Campus, the Art Department offers two spacious art studios along with two purpose-built dark rooms and an editing suite. You will be taught by experienced professional artists who specialise in Art and Design and Photography.
Through training in the fundamental skills of visual art you can explore your potential and specialise in a field of your choice. Many of our students progress onto Higher Education courses and into careers such as graphic design and illustration, photography, fine art, publishing, fashion and sculpture.
Each year, students’ work is showcased in the annual Art Exhibition at the Aberystwyth Arts Centre.
At the Cardigan Campus, students are able to study Fashion on a one day a week basis. These courses are available as part of our School Link and Pre-GCSE/GCSE programmes. We also offer GCSE Art and Design at the Cardigan Campus.
- A/AS Level Photography
- AS/A Level Art and Design
- BTEC Award in Fashion
- BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificates in Theatre, Film and Visual Art
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Art and Design
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design
- Creative Techniques in Fashion (City & Guilds)
- GCSE Art and Design
- Level 3 and 4 Diploma in Foundation Studies (Art & Design)